Compensation may be earned from links or ads displayed on this website at no cost to you. See Disclosure page for more information.
10 Hot Beach Places for Your Next Vacation, some that you’d expect and some that you wouldn’t think about but all of them will give you a fabulous tan.
Are your friends, family members, and coworkers the only ones going on vacation to return a week later with a beautiful holiday tan? You can too if you plan your next vacation in the right place.
Our Top 10 Vacation Spots
Select one of our top ten locations as your next vacation destination and you will come back with an eye-catching suntan.
1. Located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Copacabana Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With a backdrop of rolling hills, you will not only find yourself tanning here but enjoying the beautiful scenery. Although it’s a great place to tan and enjoy the landscape, Copacabana Beach is rarely quiet. There is always something happening on this beach, whether it is tourists enjoying the hot sun during the day and music with dancing at night. Copacabana Beach offers it all.
2. Waikiki Beach on the Hawaiian island of Oahu is a great place for sunbathers to sit back, enjoy the sun and watch the activities around them. Beachgoers can watch the surfers on the giant waves that swell on the two-mile beach. Hawaiian beaches offer soft sand and spectacular sun. After a day on the beach hang around to witness the beautiful sunset.
3. A great tan during your trip to Europe means a stop in Greece. The island of Crete off the south coast of Greece is surrounded by 100 miles of beach. Try the area of Rethymno on the island’s northern coast. The beach is beautiful but crowded since it is one of the most popular on the island. If you’re looking for a place to tan in solitude, then try elsewhere. There are plenty of secluded beaches scattered around the island where you can catch a few rays.
4. Baby Beach on the coast of Aruba is a great place for sunbathers. The ocean along the beach’s shore remains very calm and shallow making it a great place to put a beach chair for the day. If you would rather work on your tan than take a dip, you can spread your beach towel out in the soft Arabian sand that lines the shore of Baby Beach. How great is this beach? It is even a favorite among locals, who make this one of the most frequently visited beaches among locals.
5. If you are looking for a great beach for sunbathing but are not sure about leaving the US, try Newport Beach in Southern California. Newport Beach is one of the most famous and frequently visited beaches in California. When you arrive you can’t help but notice of the tanned bodies all around you, proof that sunbathing on this beach will turn you bronze.
6. The worst part about tanning, other than the unexpected burn, is the tan lines that inevitably come with it. What’s the best way to avoid tan lines? By stripping out of your bathing suit! Haulover Beach in Miami, Florida offers beachgoers the option of shedding their suits in pursuit of that all over tan. Located close to both South Beach and downtown Miami, Haulover Beach is the greatest place for sunbathing.
7. For the frequent traveler who is looking for a unique place to bronze up, try the Sentosa Resort in Singapore. Sentosa offers guests the option to choose from three amazing beaches; Palawan Beach, Siloso Beach, and Tanjong Beach. Tanjong Beach is sought by those in need of a day of solace and relaxation on the beach. The sun is bright, the water is cool, and the conditions are perfect for tanning.
8. For a beautiful tan in a beautiful place, make sure to visit St. John Island in the Virgin Islands. One of the only seemingly untouched islands in the Caribbean, two-thirds of St. John is designated as a National Park which prevents any development on the land. There are many beaches on St. John from Cinnamon Bay to Hawksnest Beach but whichever beach you choose will be beautiful and perfect for tanning.
9. Cancun in southern Mexico you will find miles and miles of beaches. Cancun boasts a fourteen-mile peninsula that juts out into the ocean and provides a favorite beach-going spot for vacationers. There are some beautiful beaches ideal for tanning in Cancun but think about trying San Miguelito, which is also home to a historical Mayan ruin.
10. If you have plenty of money to spend on your vacation, consider visiting the beaches of St. Tropez in France. Many famous people make vacation stops at St. Tropez each year, pointing to the specter of this French getaway. A famous beach in the area is the Plage Port Grimaud thus is the place to be seen.
Too Much Vacation For You?
If you aren’t much of world traveler, the two sunniest cities in Canada are Medicine Hat, Alberta, and Estevan, Saskatchewan. A visit to either of these places won’t break the bank either.
But no matter where you decide to go on vacation, enjoy the time spent with your family by allowing this reprieve to clean and refresh your consciousness as well as strengthen the family bond.